Mixing things up

I really enjoy working with ink, and prints are even more fun to make now that I can use rubber blocks instead of lino.

But sometimes you just have to add things to them. So I cut the waves, boat, and general shapes of the animals and then coloured it all in with pencils and used ink to add faces and the moon. There are several more prints to come, and I like the idea that they are all pretty much the same, as prints are, but are still unique due to the colours and expressions I draw on them.

The Owl and the Pussycat - one of the most random couples to be found in children's rhyme.


This is the first one, so I have put it in a rather grand frame, but I like it. Cheesy gold frames are awesome. 


1 comment:

  1. This is great! Your work is awesome and I love your vision. You did our idea justice and we love your art hanging in our home.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.