of mice and men (and mothers)

The change of season always brings sickness into our house. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is getting colder or warmer, the change just screws around with everyone's bodies.
At the moment both of my babies are sick. Which means runny noses, coughs, and sneezes and tired grumpiness.
The Samurai sleeps more, but the Angel has warped into this tantrum throwing yelling machine who fights through the day until he passes out as the sun sets.

The end of this week is Mother's Day and I had grand plans to feature different people I know and their views on motherhood and various other wonderful things like that. Instead every one in our house has taken turns at being sick, and I have been busy doing all the mundane things that facilitate our lifestyle (and lives!), like making sure that we have food in the house.  I find myself in a more reflective than celebratory mood when it comes to thinking about being a mum. The kind of mood where I just stare at Gabe and am utterly bewildered by the being that he is. I'm not sure if that makes sense... all I know is that I am very tired.

The art and words from others will still come. Tomorrow - and the day after, and every day until mother's day if I manage to be that organised; and by then hopefully my children will have bested the nasty germs in their bodies and I'll be able to have a rational conversation with my two year old (yeah, I'm not going to be holding my breath.)

Anyway.

Kyle has been filming for the past two weeks solid - illustrating the downside to this career choice. Prior to that, he had school holidays (the upside!) and we got to escape to his parents house for a few days and look at horses and feed chickens and be outside and do all the things that you can't do when you live in a busy area in an apartment block. Asides from having a virus ('tis the season) it was magnificent.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.